Western Canadian Open
February 3, 2024
Information at a Glance
Date: Saturday February 3rd 2024
Location: Chief Joe Mathias Centre – 100 Capilano Road, West Vancouver, British Columbia, V7P 0A7
Disciplines: Full Contact Ring Disciplines – Amateur K1 (K1) & Low Kick (LK) / Light Contact Tatami Discipline – Kick Light (KL)
Divisions: Cadets (5-9) KL Only; Juniors (10-12 & 13-15); Intermediate (16-18); Senior (19-39), Veterans (40>)
Classification: Prenovice (0-5 bouts); Novice (6-10 bouts); Open (11 bouts >). Prenovice and Novice can be combined
Spectators: $50 – day / $30 – Seniors with ID / Children under 6 years of age
Division Requirements: A minimum of 3 individuals are required to make a Western Canadian Tournament Division. If there are less than 3 participants in a division WAKO Canada will move the participant to the closest discipline / category/weight as possible. Coaches will be notified of movements when DRAFT drawings are posted.
There will be the option to create Make Up Bouts. All coaches will be notified when make-up bouts are organized.
Weigh in/Medicals: 9 am sharp (medicals start immediately after weigh-ins for Ring Sport athletes only)
Coaches Meeting: 12 pm. All coaches must attend otherwise athletes will be removed.
Competition Time: Bracket A – 1 pm; Bracket B – 5 pm / The bout lists will be posted online – Monday January 8th
WAKO Canada Member Clubs (Athletes and Coaches)
- Athletes/Coaches that are members for 2024 can register and put the athlete passport number on the form.
- Athletes must have a 2024 Athlete Passport / Coaches must have a 2024 Coaching Card
Non-WAKO Canada Member Club (Athletes and Coaches)
- Athletes/Coaches that are not full members for 2024 can still enter the tournament as Affiliate Members
- Athletes/Coaches must review the Participant requirement document and submit with the athlete registration
- Athletes must complete a WAKO Canada Medical Examination prior to registering for the tournament
- All Corner persons must register at $50 to obtain a Coaching Band
Deadline and Fees:
Early Bird Deadline – noon Friday October 6th – WAKO Member – $75 per athlete/per division
(Affiliate Member – $100 per athlete/per division)
Regular Deadline – noon Friday November 3rd – WAKO Member – $100 per athlete/per division
(Affiliate Member – $125 per athlete/per division)
Late Deadline – noon Friday December 8th – WAKO Member – $125 per athlete/per division
(Affiliate Member – $150 per athlete/per division)
RUSH DEADLINE – Register by noon Friday January 5th – WAKO Member – $175 per athlete/per division
Affiliate Member – $200 per athlete/per division
* Affiliate athletes must submit WAKO Annual Medical prior to registering for tournament
How to Register:
- Register with MYSTUDIO – paste link into browser – https://cp.mystudio.io/e/?=BAAC/5922/488839//1692136701
- Email/mail in the Medical Form – FORMS MUST BE RECEIVED TO THE OFFICE BY THE DEADLINE
- Only Athletes that do not receive a bout will receive a full refund of the tournament registration fee.
- No Refund Policy – Athletes that withdraw for any reason or choose not to accept a bout will not receive a refund
Important Documents (download)
- Information at a Glance
- Letter to Clubs
- Summary Rules for Athletes – Disciplines – Coaches
- Annual Medical
* Annual Medical does not require any blood work. Simply take the form to a licensed physician to complete and email to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to registering for the tournament.