SUDBURY KICK LIGHT TOURNAMENT
We are excited to host our first northern KickLight Tournament! Sudbury MMA is hosting their first open Kick Light tournament for all ages n Sunday October 30th. The tournament will be held the after their Kickboxing Show on Saturday October 29th.
For those new to Kick Light – here are some basic rules:
- Each competitive bout is 3 round of 90 seconds each round. There is a 30 second rest between rounds.
- Bouts will be held on a mat.
- Participants must wear a t-shirt and shorts that are above their knees
- Participants must wear shin-instep pads (or shin pads and foot pads), mouthguards, headgear and athletic protection.
- Gloves will be provided by WAKO Canada
- All punches are allowed and kicks to the head, body and upper leg only.
- Knees, leg catches, thows and clinching are not permitted.
- All contact (punches and kicks) must be light and controlled.
- Excessive contact levels will not be permitted.
The intent of Kick Light competitions is to provide a safe and controlled competition for newer competitors and also for experienced competitors to develop good technical and tactical skills in a controlled envirnoment.
The rules will be adhered to and the competition will be regulated by experienced WAKO Canada officials.
Kick Light competitions are great events that bring together competitors from all forms of martial arts – karate, tae kwon do, kung fu – as well as muay thai clubs and kickboxing schools.
Registration is open to all participants. Registration can be done on the MYSTUDIO link below:
Just cut and past the link above into your address bar.
Come out and enjoy a day of safe and competitive kicklight tournament!